This month’s topic for the ChristianWriters.com blog chain is another that sort of has me stumped.
Being that it’s Thanksgiving season, I’d hazard a guess that many are writing of what they’re thankful for.
But, the only thing I can think of is to write about Nine Things I Didn’t Know at this time last year.
This last year has been trying, to say the least. And, I’ve learned a lot.
1. A year ago, I thought something was wrong with me when my son wouldn’t gain weight.
2. A year ago, I’d never have thought my second home for most of the next year would become a hospital.
3. A year ago, I’d never have thought I’d ever live in an apartment again (and thankfully, we don’t again!)
4. A year ago, I didn’t know what lengths we could go to in order to find out what was wrong with our son.
5. A year ago, I looked at holidays as something that happened normally. After spending three holidays in the hospital, I’m grateful for the family and friends who assisted us through the holidays last year.
6. A year ago, I’d never heard of Shwachman-Diamond Syndrome. While I’m still learning about it, I know a heck of a lot more than a couple doctors on our son’s team!
7. A year ago, I didn’t realize just how much time would have to be invested in keeping our son healthy. It’s more than you think, but less than I think is possible.
8. A year ago, I knew I’d have a book deal by now. Yeah, that hasn’t happened. I’ve had to put off submissions again and again. 😦
9. A year ago, I really didn’t know how many people would rush to our side during a crisis. Today, I know. And I’m grateful for all of our friends.
I kind of wonder what I’ll be learning next year.
Until next time,